Apple released new software updates for all of its platforms on Tuesday. That includes the following:
- iOS 15.5 for iPhones and the iPod touch
- iPadOS 15.5 for iPads
- macOS 12.4 for Macs
- watchOS 8.6 for the Apple Watch
- tvOS 15.5 for the Apple TV
- HomePod Software 15.5 for HomePods
- Studio Display Firmware 15.5 for the Studio Display
- Swift Playgrounds 4.1 for iPad and Mac
These are almost certainly the last updates before the company’s annual developer conference, which is scheduled to kick off on June 6. Among other things, Apple will announce iOS and iPadOS 16, macOS 13, and watchOS 9 at the conference, but those updates won’t arrive until later this year.
Today’s iOS update offers just enough new user-facing features to earn that 15.x label instead of 15.x.x, which is usually reserved for bug fixes and the like.
Powered by WPeMatico